King Power Captures Hard-Fought Victory over Thai Polo NP

Returning to the Gold Cup for the British Open Championship after an impressive victory over Scone, Thai Polo NP faced a tough King Power side, determined to capture their first victory. The lead changed hands multiple times in the second half but it was King Power who emerged victorious, capturing the 15-13 victory. 

The high-scoring match resulted in both teams producing offense from both the field and finishing an identical 7 for 8 from the penalty line. Momentum swung back and forth, resulting in runs for both teams including two separate stretches of four unanswered goals for King Power, none more important than the final chukka. Nico Pieres tried to lead Thai Polo NP to their second consecutive victory, adding six goals while also collecting four assists, but King Power ultimately surged ahead thanks to the performance of Francisco Elizalde, who led all players with five field goals in the exciting 15-13 victory. 

A quick start for King Power began with Elizalde on the end of a Hilario Ulloa pass to open the scoring just seconds in, but Thai Polo NP responded by taking advantage of King Power foul trouble. Scoring three of their first four goals from the penalty line, Thai Polo NP built a 4-2 lead, however King Power were able to receive penalty attempts of their own, converting both opportunities in the foul-ridden second chukka. Utilizing the pass to end the first half, Pieres set up all three goals for Thai Polo NP to help extend their lead to two as King Power remained a step behind despite two goals from Elizalde. 

Exiting the halftime break with a determined attack, King Power received four penalty attempts from Thai Polo NP, converting three to ignite their first run of the game. Conceding possession, Thai Polo NP were held off the scoreboard in the fourth chukka as their two-goal lead turned into a two-goal deficit with the three goals from Ulloa leading the way for King Power. Fouls ultimately determined the change in momentum as King Power fell victim to foul trouble of their own in the fifth chukka, resulting in three penalty conversions for Pieres and a Penalty 1 awarded to Ned Hine that propelled Thai Polo NP into the 12-10 lead. However, King Power displayed no quit as they produced an impressive stretch of five unanswered goals, all from the duo of Elizalde and Ulloa to take the final lead and complete the 15-13 victory.